Abdón Pinto was born in Valencia at the end of the XIX Century. At the Academia Nacional de Bellas Artes de Caracas, he was a student of Antonio Herrera Toro and Emilio Mauri, from whom he received a remarkable influence in his first canvases of historical character. Interested by thematic landscapes, he joined in 1912 the founding group of the Círculo de Bellas Artes. His paintings cen be situated in the transition from the academic postulates to the innovating attitudes of the Circle’s artists. He presumably died in Caracas in 1918. His work has been exhibited very few times: at the Museo de Bellas Artes (1942.1948 and 1959) and at the Galería de Arte Nacional (1977 and 1980). He is represented in the Galería de Arte Nacional and the Concejo Municipal of the Federal District.